Thursday, October 05, 2006

Might as well face it

I'm addicted to Coke.

The dangerously saccharine beverage, that is, not the illicit alkaloid.

Today has been one of those days. I have been tired ever since I woke up, even though I got a healthy amount of sound sleep. I was a walking zombie all day at work today until I went out and procured myself some heavenly, carbonated sweetness. And as soon as the sweet nectar touched my lips (or, rather, as soon as I drained the contents of the can directly into my gullet), I transformed into a normal human being.

I find this disconcerting.

And reading over all this again, I aslo find it unsettling that today's post seems as verbose as an episode of the current season of Gilmore Girls . . . like an obtuse foray into the deep jungles of a Rogets Thesaurus . . . like a word-a-day special.

But what do I care? I have found the elixir of the life!