Tuesday, December 08, 2009

For the Birds

Don't look so surprised to see a post up here at the Olde Log. I know I have been neglecting you, but it is not without good reason. First, we all of a sudden started doing instead of feeling at school and I was thrown headlong (and slightly unprepared on account of all the feeling) into my first practicum. I was teaching Grade 8 French. And taking a night course. And still feeling every week and writing it all down and sending it to my supervisor, And, oh, writing a story. Not a publishable one (on account of copyright infringements*), but a story nonetheless. And I drew some pictures, too. It was for my night class.

SOME DRAWRINGS!


So, here, proof of my continued existence on this planet, and trickle-down benefits of class on French Curriculum: a few excerpts from Geai Bleu souhaite que le subjonctif ait une mort atroce (Blue Jay Hopes the Subjunctive Tense Dies a Terrible Death). A story about a plucky young bird and his quest to understand the uses of the subjunctive in French. I should warn you that the colours didn't really scan well; I rescanned Blue Jay himself on a different setting so you could get an idea of the real colours. It's the first image. Oh, and the text is all in French. So, good luck with that. Click to enlarge.










*(The Pigeon from Mo Willem's The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog.)

~g. mango mange son hot-dog.