Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tyranny and Ivory

Summer at my house means lots of house mates. The Intern and I have been joined by seven more interns and the house is hustling and bustling. They are quite the enjoyable bunch, I must say. Full of youthful vitality, energy, and inexperience.

There's always lots of difference when you get nine people from different backgrounds living under one roof. And I am trying desperately to be flexible and graceful and understanding. Especially since I am the House Manager. But apparently I am not any of those things. When did I get this way?

Why can't I just accept that some people just wash the dishes and don't rinse? Or that some people just rinse and don't wash? Or that some people, against all reason, are cheery in the morning? Or that some people have never done their own laundry? Or that some people don't wash their clothes? Or that some people don't bathe? Or that some people don't use disinfectant to clean the bathroom? Or that some people have never cleaned a bathroom before in their lives? Or that some people don't know that raw meat juice can kill you?

Seriously, when did I get this way?

This is why I should not be allowed to be in charge of anything. I'm so much more fun to be around when I'm not in charge.


~ brought to you by your local tyrannical overlord!