Monday, February 20, 2006

I am such a bad student

I am studying for my commercial drivers licence. Or rather, I am trying to study for my commercial drivers licence. I started studying a while ago, and picked up the book today to do some refreshin'.

I am making some new discoveries in my adventure to be able to drive large amounts of screaming children in large, lumbering vehicles.

EXHIBIT A


I hate studying. I feel like I am in OAC Calculus all over again. Information goes into my brain, my brain processes all the information and makes up little tricks so it can remember everything, my brain does a quick self-test to see if it got everything right, my brain is proud of itself, my brain promptly forgets everything that it has just learned.

EXHIBIT B


Music used to help me study, but today it is just distracting. Instead of assimilating the proper technique of double clutching when downshifting a front-controlled vehichle into my general knowledge, I keep singing along to Stevie Wonder. Baaaa-by, everything is all right, up tight, c-c-c-clean out of sight!

What does that even mean?

EXHIBIT C


Studying is making me hungry. Which is causing me to want to take study breaks . But I am not taking study breaks every time my tummy grumbles because I am trying to exercise discipline, or something. But my stomach continues to make itself known, distracting me further from my studies. And instead of just appeasing it I keep singing the cheery tag line from Body Break with Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod. Except now it's "Stuuuudy Break!"

~stuuuudy break!