Sunday, March 18, 2007

I am so bad at now

HEART


Dichotomic lives
Finding solace in extremes
Light and darkness

AND SOUL


I am so unimpressed with this stage of life. I have always wanted to be more grown-up than I am. I have always wanted to arrive at maturity and understanding without having to pay my dues. The destination, I think, is much more enjoyable than the journey.

One would think I would have life more figured out by now. But in truth, I have things less figured out today than yesterday. And yesterday I hardly had anything figured out at all.

Now I am tumbling through my adolescence again. Except this time I have the words to express myself more accurately, and a more profound (though still largely intangible) knowledge that this too shall pass.

If nothing else, there is an unstated promise that all green mangoes will one day be ripe.

~g.mango tastes good in a salad