Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reasons not to date me

  • I think scrambled eggs are legitimate dinner fare.
  • I am certifiably bilingual, and yet still hesitant to speak French within earshot of a francophone.*
  • I am unable to resist manhandling the produce at the each of countless markets on my walk home from the train station.
  • Inexplicably and without trying to, I will remember the make and model of the car you drive before I know you well enough to warrant such a thing.
  • I do not own a bike helmet.
  • I do not own a bike.
  • I wouldn't wear a helmet anyway.
  • I fantasize about shooting relocating the birds that sing cheerily outside my window at 4 am every morning.
  • Despite being intimate with unemployment, I never seem to qualify for employment insurance.
  • Despite having been a child when their best work came out, my most recent music downloads include songs by Naughty by Nature, Young MC, and Skee-Lo.
  • I'm down with OPP.
  • I wish I was a little bit taller.
  • I wish I was a baller.
  • I wish I could sing that song without thinking about how someone should have introduced Skee-Lo to the subjunctive tense.

~g. mango souhaite qu'elle ait pu se souvenir comment parler francais (et aussi ou se trouver les accents sur le clavier)*
--
* You can see why i am so terrified to speak French; I don't even know if that sentence makes sense. Yeesh.