Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hello Mango, I'm a first time caller

Despite my newly acquired rain gear, and the subsequent lack of precipitation in the Greater Vancouver Regional district, I am sick. Coughing, sneezing, sniffling, itchy-watery-eyes, ooh-check-out-my-sultry-late-night-fm-radio-show-host-voice sick.

But I've got more work done in my state of sickness than I have since I've got here. Which just goes to show, when the going gets tough, the mango refuses to go to a doctor and instead throws herself into her work.

I guess it doesn't help that I have the best job in the history of mangokind. Let's look at today, for example. This morning, I have a meeting to put forward a proposal to rehaul our network (so easy). The rest of my work day involves little children making me into a human hotdog for a big event with all four of our sites (so messy, and yet so very fun).

The event is called Math Dare. So half of the time the kids compete in teams to out-math the other teams. And the other half of the time they compete in messy challenges. One of them involving turning otherwise human staff members into hotdogs.

Don't you wish, instead of staring at a computer screen all day, you got paid to have small children douse you with condiments?

You know you do.

~g. mango sees your sour grapes, and raises you a human hotdog