Saturday, February 12, 2005

Houston, we have a drawring!

As I still am without a winternet connection chez moi, I took it upon myself to rehaul the computers at work. A million hours of defraging and disk clean ups and adding/removing and reformating later, I can actually get (some semblance of) work done. And also, I can create a short recap of my first few weeks in Vancouver, full of beautiful drawrings to appease my fans.

Ahem. . .



A SHORT RECAP FULL OF BEAUTIFUL DRAWRINGS

TO APPEASE MY FANS


When I landed in Vancouver, it was sunny and warm. I promptly contacted all my snow-bound loved ones and gloated.


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine!
You make me ha-ppy when the people that i love are freezing their assets off...


Five minutes later the heavens opened up. It started to rain. The flood waters rose. And, not owning any rain gear, I found myself in a constant and unfortunate state of wetness.


Where is my sunshine, my only sunshine?
Will this de-luge of rain ne-ver end?!


I sought refuge indoors. And made plans to redecorate my office space.

Dear Hewlett Packard,
Please stop making computers.
Sincerely,
G. Mango.


Hopelessly confined to the indoors, my only joy (and human contact) came when the UPS man brought me my personal computer.


Hooray for human interaction and computers with more than 16 megs of ram!


So bored was I with my internetless computer great was my joy, that I rushed out to buy proper rain attire so I could continue to interact with genuine West Coasters.


Bring. It. On.

FIN

~ if g. mango knew picasso, she would buy herself a gray guitar and play