Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Mille fois merci

It seems fitting, with all the changes in my life recently -- some that brought joy, and some that brought pain -- that I should do a little reflecting. Be forewarned, the sappiness of this post has yet to reach its climax. Bail now, ye of little sap.

I am thankful.

I am thankful because loss of life does not mean loss of legacy. The people we have lost may not be here in flesh, but they live on. And though my heart sometimes breaks, I know they are filled with joy and I will see them again.

I am thankful because even though I am far away from many of the people that I love, I have friends both near and far who have been here to comfort me and make me laugh.

I am thankful because I asked God for a free desk, a good mattress, and a cool housemate, and I got them all. And as a bonus got a chance encounter with a very handsome blast from the past. Boo yah.

I am thankful because I now have a fantastic job that allows me not only to do something I love and interact with people I adore, but also to work in my pajamas. All day. Everyday. Oh yeah.

I am thankful because I have been given much. And much has been required of me.

I am thankful because you have taken the time to read this sap-filled post, even though you should've really been doing something more constructive.

Edit - 9:58 pm: I am thankful that even though I totally forgot to watch Lost and Gilmore Girls tonight (I know, I know), that both episodes will be painstakingly outlined for me on Television Without Pity.

I am thankful that you still love me despite my less than stellar choices in broadcast media one-hour time-wasters.

~sap: it does a mango good