Monday, January 24, 2005

Step into my parlour said the mango to the fly

I have to keep reminding myself that I am not moving moving. I mean, I'm picking up my life and going to start anew, and afresh. . . and again. I looked into my suitcase and saw 400 cheques, 190 pairs of contacts, two flash lights, and three jackets. And then I realized that, unlike the countless packing sessions when we moved house when I was a kid, this time I can actually leave some stuff behind and still have the hope of seeing it again.

At that same moment an angel of the Lord reminded me that:
  • I write, maybe, two cheques a month
  • I have cool glasses and wear contacts all of three times a year
  • Nobody needs that many contacts anyway
  • I am lucky to have had insurance that covered such gratuitous contact lense purchases
  • Flash lights are for wimps
  • Jackets are for losers
~g. mango says "No, no, Mr. Angel. Jackets are for girly-men."