Monday, January 17, 2005

Another day, another drama

'Member what I said on January 10? That thing about getting girls to wear mood rings. Well, I could easily make that exact same post today. But I will spare you the agony of having to read the same mediocre frustration-filled post twice.

I got a scathing email from a (former?) friend today. Something about me fronting like everything is okay, and having to take responsibility for the destruction of our friendship. Destruction of our friendship?! Guess I missed that memo. I didn't even know we weren't friends anymore.

It's true that we had a falling out of sorts. I tend get close to people, but bolt as soon as they get too dependent. It's a tragic flaw, I know. Which is why I'm working on it. And also why I offered aforemention (former?) friend a multitude of peace offerings, and a handsome collection of olive branches. And up until the Email of So Much Drama, I was under the greatly mistaken impression that we were all better now. Many months of emails passed between us, I heard all about her new beau, she was invited to all the social things that pertain to people in the circle of friends to which she belongs in my network of social relations.

I guess I should have clued in when she turned down every invitation. But really, some people do not like social things. And she was generally very nice about not coming. So I didn't think twice about it.

But apparently, I am a schmuck. And a rotten, frontin' ex-friend, doused in evil, dipped in malice. Why does no one pass this information onto me?

And why, even though I have been a girl for my whole life, do I not understand my own kind?

~g. mango doesn't know how boys live with us.