Friday, November 19, 2004

A crippled prophet is never welcome in her own doctor's office

Well, looks like all those prophecy refinement courses I've been doing have paid off, and my doctor's appointment went almost exactly as predicted in my last post.

The only difference was that instead of a getting a bootleg perscription for Vioxx, I actually got a perscription for something useful. But that is only because I basically took my doctor's hand and wrote the thing out myself.

When I told her of my issue of belly button, she just leaned her head to the side in mock sympathy and said "Oh yeah? That's too bad." And continued onto the next topic, asking me if I wanted a pap smear. Uh, no. I actually prefer my pap unsmeared thank-you-very-much.

Anyway, so I got a perscription for that. And the number for the knee surgeon guy who has my MRIs. Unfortunately, it is impossible to make an appointment with him because his office is only open for 14 minutes every other Tuesday. And his secretary doesn't check messages. Says so right there on the outgoing message. One wonders why one would employ a secretary who blatantly refuses to check messages.

Hopefully I will eventually get through and not have my knee scream at me everytime I try to locomote. Just wait 'til my knee finds out I'm playing contact floor hockey tonight. Mwahahaha.

~g. mango will take two and call you in the morning