Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Parlez-vous the ding dong?

I finally licked the procrastination bug and sat down to re-edit the Book of Doom. I found the typo that caused this whole brouhaha and a few minor structure issues in the first chapter. Nothing that couldn't have been left the way it is.

Now I'm on Chapter 4. And man, can you tell the difference from the stuff we wrote way back when we had all the time in the world (i.e Chapters 1-3), and the stuff we wrote when the Deadline of Doom was omninously looming o'rehead, and woefully breathing down our necks.

So I guess this whole Re-edit of Doom is turning out to be not so bad after all.

And plus, I get to experience the pleasure of forgetting how to speak English, and subsequently rediscovering useful words hidden deep in my subconscious.

Today my subconcious dug up these gems that are not usually in my vernacular: attainment, complicity, baleful, injurious, imbue, affordance.

~g. mango is a word-nerd of epic proportion