Monday, November 15, 2004

Adventures in Procrastination

Sorry for not posting recently. I've been busy working procrastinating. Some of my favourite procrasinatory moments happened on Saturday:

Saturday Morning:

Spent four hours getting the backyard ready for winter with my sister S. We raked, we trimmed, we dug, we replanted, we saved worms from being maimed by shovels and hoes. We are so sweet, and so animal-friendly.

Hopefully the massive lemon mint plant that we dug up will not return next year. But S says that she digs it up every fall, and it always comes back. I'll have to take her word for it. I've probably spent a grand total of five hours in our backyard since we moved here ten years ago. But that's okay, S has probally spent the same amount of time cooking. So we're good. She takes care of the herbs growing in the backyard, I make sure to put them to good use in the kitchen. We're like Ying and Yang. Bacon and eggs. Simon and Garfunkle. KC and JoJo. Green mango and salt.

Saturday Evening:

The whole fam went to my Mom's friend's for dinner. There is nothing like a good meal with friends and family. Except for a good meal during which both of your parents (neither of whom can hold their liquor) have too much to drink (i.e. one drink). Beautful. And so very amusing. I would pay for that kind of entertainment.

No I wouldn't. But it was very funny.

Also of note:

Had dinner with C. on Thursday night at The Friendly Thai. It was so good to see her and catch up. She gave me much needed advice on moving out, and brought me back to reality.

Got the news from Vancouver on Friday. Notice the lack of celebratory posts on that date. More about this to come. I was (and am) disappointed. But my girls from small group were there to comfort me.

My conclusion:

I have fantastic, irreplacable friends. And a great propensity for procrastination.

~g. mango will get to that later