Thursday, March 17, 2005

A new addition

The Intern and I are pet parents again. We weren't able to replace Sammie with an exact look alike, but we still tried to find another pet to fill the Sammie-shapped hole in our hearts.

Introducing Mr. T.


I pity the fool!

I lie. I don't pity any fools. And also, that's just Sammie garbed in fetching e-habiliments courtesy of my sister S. Who is my favourite sister named S in the history of sisters. And also the only sister named S who will kill me if I don't give her credit for her unmatched creativity and cyberartistic prowess.

So, yes, turns out that the reason Sammie died was because Samuel L. Fishes cannot, in fact, spend their days in a mayonaise jar. All you naysayers can now recommence your saying of nay. But it really wasn't our fault. I blame the Pet Expert that sold us Sammie, who obviously was seriously lacking in expertise.

So this new Pet Expert explained that Sammie needed a ten gallon tank. But when I found how much said tank would cost, I decided that I am not willing to part with the inordinate amount of cash required to acquire a glorified punch bowl. So our choices were as follows:
  1. Buy another Sammie; keep him in a mayo jar; return a fish carcass to the pet store every 48 hours, ad infinitum.
  2. Buy another pet that can actually survive in a jar.
Sam was so cute that I really did want to go with option 1. Until the clerk at the pet store began yelling "DEAD FISH! DEAD FISH COMING THROUGH!" as we walked sheepishly past a plethera of eager pet-purchasing, and successful pet-maintaining customers.

So, by embarassing default, I am pleased to present our new natatory comrade.

Introducing LL Cool Frog.

Mama said knock you out!


Seriously, she totally said to knock you out.

He's decidedly less cute than Sam, but hopefully he will last more than 2 days. So far so good!

~g. mango is a caribbean amphibian