Monday, March 28, 2005

Out damn Spot

I have devised a plan to win my never-ending battle against the Stupid Mutt. Or at least to lose gracefully while still maintaining my dignity.

It involves running away. In fact, that's pretty much the entire plan right there.

Yesterday, I took full advantage of my surrogate families and friends and was in my house for a total of less than 30 minutes from the time I woke up to the time I hightailed it out of the city at night to seek further refuge from el doggo.

Had breakfast at church, followed by the most energetic and enjoyable Easter service I have ever been to in my life, followed by Easter coffee with the prodigal young folk in my life, Easter lunch with a co-worker, Easter dinner with one of my favourite Vdot families, and Easter dessert with friends of a friend in Langley.

I am almost certain that I never need to eat again.

But I do need to work. Which is why I am crashing at the aforementioned friend's house.

So today I am in sunny Coquitlam: where the houses are large, and quiet, and free of large pyschotic canines who chew through the doorframe in an attempt to do only God knows what. And also where other people's Mom's make you lunch. And also where other people exist and you are not forced to make polite conversation with a frog and a dog with splinters in her mouth.


~this is exactly why God didn't give mangoes dominion over the amnimals