Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Nothing beats that new farm smell

1A) SPRING BREAK

It is Spring Break here in Beautiful British Columbia. Which at my job means one thing: Spring Break Trips. Yay!

This weekend was the grade 5 to 7 farm trip. So I spent the entire weekend in the constant presence of small children and farm animals. Both of which cause me undue stress and premature exhaustion. Still, much fun was had. And also much swimming, much movie going, much mall scavenging, much go karting, and much avoidance of all things bovine (at least on my part).

There were nine leaders for 22 kids. Which is even more excessive in real life than it sounds on paper. In any case, I am glad to have come out the other side with my life and most of my sanity.

The rest of my sanity was restored thanks to Matthew who drove in from Abbotsford on Monday evening for a much postponed shopping date (wherein we were both reminded of our low tolerance for shopping), an enjoyable chat at my favourite coffee shop on the Drive (wherein we relished in our deep appreciation of chocolate whip cream), a walk down the Drive (wherein I froze half to death), and a scary movie chez moi (wherein the Intern and I laughed at Matthew for being such a wuss).

2B) PEOPLE IN MY HOUSE

There are eleven high school students staying in my house this week.

They make too much noise.

And also, they make me realize that though I absolutely love working with youth, I love sending them home even more.

3C) FROG UPDATES

Despite our past issues with pets, LL Cool Frog continues to live. He was on a hunger strike for three days after we brought him home, but seems to be eating now. We even got him some rocks and shells for his mayo maison. And also, we have come up with a nickname for him, since everything else in the house has two names, and also since it takes too much effort to say LL Cool Frog a million times when one is trying to coax an amphibian to eat his bloodworms in the morning.

So anyway, we call him Louis* Grenouille. Grenouille being the French word for frog (pronounced gre-NOU-y).

*Pronounced Louie, as in the French King(s). Not Lewis, as in the American bastardization of a perfectly good French name.

4D) THE END

Well, that was rather abrupt.

~g. mango went a courtin' and she did ride, uh huh