Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Baby steps and cake expectations

I took the evening off yesterday. Completely off.

And I actually relaxed: enjoyed dinner with two of my roomies, answered personal emails, cleaned the kitchen, told secrets, shunned work, and went to bed early.

And one of the teens I work with brought me a cheesecake this morning. Who needs breakfast in bed when you can have cheesecake in bed? Literally. She came upstairs, roused me from sleep with a whole cheesecake in hand. Living at work has some advantages after all!

And I am actually taking this morning off. I haven't even thought of anything work-related. In fact, I've just read a book and indulged in cheesecake eaten breakfast.

And now I will gather myself and go for a walk. To the community centre. Where I will sign up for a class. And work off the cheesecake.

Or maybe I will vacuum. And eat some more cake.



~g. mango enjoys long walks on the beach and recreational cheesecake consumptionvacuuming