Monday, August 04, 2008

Rainy days and vacays always get me down

Like I said, it rained almost all week. So the Intern and I had to change most of our plans.

Instead of tubing down the Cowichan River, we memorized the first fit of The Hunting of the Snark.*

Instead of driving to a scenic little town to check out their famous used bookstore,** we saw Mama Mia. Which, by the way, you should see right now. Don't even finish reading this post, it will be right here when you return. Go on, I'll wait.

Instead of going to see an outdoor performance of Much Ado about Nothing, we sat home and did mostly nothing.

Instead of having a big sunny barbecue, we had a big rainy barbecue. And I, being the designated griller of the two of us, developed a wicked case of pneumonia.***

Oh, yeah and we also went to a United Church for the first time, where the preacher informed us, much to my chagrin, that Jesus was not, in fact, magic. And we ended up taking in another Shakespeare play, though I can't for the life of me tell you what it was about. And we pretended we were tourists and took in the sights downtown. And we ate lots of street meat (which we later regretted). And we went to the outdoor symphony. And we picked the perfect spot to see the fireworks, which we still managed to have to strain to see through the trees.

And now I am off to the Little Island again, where I will have no internet, but many adventures. Check back in a few weeks for more.


~g.mango is a lean, green, grilling machine!


--
* We are so awesome!
** We are such nerds!
*** No, I did not
.