Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pancreas plea

After a rather horrifying bike accident, my good friend R-E contracted a case of pancreatisis. As no amount of prodding or poking by the surgeons could convince the organ to function properly, I decided to send her pancreas an email. In rhyming verse, no less. You will find the aforementioned correspondence below.

FROM THE DESK OF G. MANGO


Oh Pancreas, oh Pancreas
I need you like a fish
Needs water and like how
scientists
Need a petri dish

Oh Pancreas, oh Pancreas
You make endocrine
Or insulin and enzymes
Or was that the Spleen?

Oh Pancreas, my Pancreas
I cannot tell a lie
If you insist on being broke
I think that I may die

So Pancreas, dear Pancreas
I hope you can agree
To do what you're meant to
And quit hurting sweet R-E

Sincerely,

G. Mango