Friday, November 19, 2004

Son of a Bush

My friend Kevin, who is an (avid?) reader of this blog, asked me today why I hate George Bush so much. And I must clarify that I do not hate Bush. I'm sure he is a very nice man, and in different cirumstances I wouldn't mind having him over for tea and scrumpets.*

However, I disagree with much of his foreign policy. (And much of his domestic policy, come to think of it).

I mean, if you're gonna have a War on Terror, then have a war on Terror. Don't just blow up Iraq, in fact, don't blow up Iraq because they don't have nuclear weapons, or chemical weapons, or bilogical weapons. Why not tackle Kim Jong Il and his band of merry plutonium enrichers? Or attack US co-conspirator, Pakistan. Or, I dunno, Iran, and Israel? Or even South Korea? I mean, I know South Korea repented of its sins and quickly aligned itself with the UN's nuclear policy. But come on, Georgie, you gotta make an example of them. Blow them up with your nuclear weapons! Even if you signed the NPT (well, not you, George, you would never sign anything that says you can't initiate an international game of nuclear tag). . .

Let's not pretend this war is for anything other than oil acquisition, and finishing off Mr. Hussein for Daddy Dearest. And don't even get me started on that whole crushing an evil dictator crap. 'Cause that's what the UN is for. And there are a plethera of evil dictators out there. Let's work on this, and this, and this too.

Without any of this.

And. . . end rant!

~g. mango has a whole stack of WMDs and thinks regime change begins at home

* When my sister was little she always used to have tea parties where she served only the finest scrumpets. She swore they were ten times better than crumpets. I concurr.