Saturday, December 04, 2004

My grown up Christmas list

The people I love have been asking me what I want for Christmas for weeks now. However, I was unable to give them a wishlist-to-make-shopping-for-me-less-impossible due to the precarious situation surrounding the Big Move and the acquisition of the Dream Job (first it was on, then up in the air, then off, then back on), and the emotional roller coaster I was riding due to all of that red tape (up, then down, then looking into what prequisites you need to become a certified alcoholic, and currently high as a kite).

Even after last week's fantabulous news, I still couldn't figure out what to ask for. I mean, I know I need all the regular house-related things that people need when they first move out on their own. . . But a) I'm moving into the staff house for the first few months, and it's stocked with much of the hardware that I'll need; and b) I cannot fit a dutchoven and a computer desk in my suitcase.

And today it came to me. What I'm really want is something practical and sentimental. Something that will remind me of all the wonderful homies I know and love in the Tdot. So, oh dear people I love, all I want for Christmas is a picture of me and you, placed in a cheap picture frame, wrapped in money. And world peace. Also wrapped in money.

~g. mango will also accept gifts of money wrapped in money