Thursday, November 25, 2004

Filed under B for blasphemy

Well, hello, dear readers! I apologize dearly for being AWOL this week. I also apologize to those of you who subscribe to my feed. 'Cause I've published and republished about four hundred and fifty times today. Photoshop is not my friend and everything keeps coming out all blurry and horrible. I hope you still love me. If not, I can arrange to offer a vegetable sacrifice. But let me check with Jesus to make sure that's not blasphemy and/or sacrilege.

Anyway, this week I started working in Hospital Alley (HA). I call it Hospital Alley* because on this particular stretch of University Avenue there four hundred and fifty hospitals (only a slight exaggeration). All. Right. Next. To. Each. Other. (So not an exaggeration).

I mean really, who needs that many health care facilities all within fifty feet of each other? Wouldn't it make sense to spread them out a little so people don't have to venture all the way into the heart of downtown if they are sick and/or dying? That way there wouldn't be a constant flow of traffic from the entire population of Ontario converging on that one block on University Avenue every time someone needs medical aid. If the hospitals were spread out, lots less people would die due to complications sustained from traveling all the way to HA just to get stuck in a HA-related traffic jam for 3 hours. And also I wouldn't have to leave my house at 7:30 to get to work at 9.

It would be a win-win situation.

*I'm sure there's a real name for this place. Does anyone know what it is?

~ g. mango is not as selfish as this post makes her out to be