Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Cower at my strength

I got my very first flu shot yesterday. I usually pass on the whole free flu shot thing because I am neither old nor young, and thus do not have a major risk of getting and/or dying from the influenza virus. And I am also a super hero, and we all know super heroes don't get the flu.

But apparently you have to get a flu shot (and a two-part TB test, and a host of other injections) to work in Hospital Alley. So off I trekked into the heart of Scarberia to get my first round of shots. And for the first time in my life, I did not become violently ill after getting a vaccine. In fact, the only ill effect was bit of tenderness in my elbow. (Why my elbow hurt after I got jabbed in the upper arm, I do not entirely understand. But the Impudent Strumpet said her armpit hurt after her flu shot, so there's prolly a link to getting a flu shot and enduring seemily unrelated pain.)

And also, since my tricep was swollen, I looked so buff. Sooooo buff.

I am deceptively weak.

~g. mango is the very model of a mottled major general