Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Job Postings

Conservative Christian School seeks Left-wing Green Mango to challenge dress code and subvert fundamentalist curriculum. Must love kids.

About you: You are willing to quietly question my theology and tend to my kids (I have 1400 of them between the ages of 12-18). You are genuinely interested in both education and teenagers. You are also cool and calm in the face of adversity and are not one to make a spectacle of yourself or my kids. You can do high school French in your sleep, and can remember how to calculate the volume of a cylinder. You look dashing in sweater vests and are thinking about starting to sport a faux-hawk. However, you can be gender normative when the board members visit. Because you know how to keep your skeletons in the closet where they belong.

About me: Probably not nearly as bad as this ad makes me out to be. I'm just a regular independent school, full of rich kids who need cool adults who value them just as much as the poor kids you are used to working with do. So get over yourself, put on a sweater vest and meet me in the suburbs tomorrow morning at 8!


~g. mango is the best newest TA this side of the Canadian Bible Belt